We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Everyone’s life is a series of decisions. Some seemly very small and others are life changing. The decisions you make are influenced by how you feel at the moment of being called upon to make that decision. If you are making a decision while feeling good you can be assured that the result will be better than one based on an ill mood. With that said is obvious that any activity, including meditation that improves your quality of thinking will have a positive effect on your entire life.
It is rare that a great decision is made from anger but it is often that a quiet moment gives birth to a creative thought that can influence your life for all time or at least for the near future. When you add up all of your decisions no matter whether they are big or small they all accumulate to be your life.
This one simple activity can literally change the world. Even if you are not a believer in metaphysical things on the whole there is no denying the benefits of meditation. There are many activities that we are prevented from doing because they either cost too much or take up too much time. The act of meditation costs nothing unless you do not participate and it can take as little as 20 minutes per day. There is also no complicated learning curve.
Just look at all of the positive benefits to meditation:
Spiritual Benefits to Meditation
- More meaning and a greater sense of purpose
- Feeling more connected to others
- More open to love and a higher purpose
- Improved intuition
- More of a tendency to not be so tightly wound up and let go and go with the flow
Emotional Benefits to Meditation
Often overlooked are the many benefits of meditation that relate to your emotional wellbeing. People who meditate not only experience a reduction in stress; they also report emotional improvements such as:
- Increased Confidence
- Better reciprocation of love – Giving and Receiving
- No more panic attacks
- More Positive
- A warmer and more open attitude towards others
Psychological Benefits of Meditation
- Increased Intelligence
- Memory Improvement
- Creativity is increased
- The ability to think more clearly
- Lessen and eliminate depression
- Decrease anxiety
- More positive outlook towards life
- Less irritability and mood swings
Physical Benefits of Meditation
- Less muscular tension
- Increased feeling of vitality and rejuvenation
- Immune system is stronger
- Decrease High Blood pressure
- Lower Cholesterol levels
- Reduce the effects of aging
- Better recovery from strenuous exercise
- Improved air flow to the lungs
Meditation does not have to be a spiritual experience but it can lead you to one if you so choose. Meditation works on all levels of consciousness bringing you to a deeper understanding and opening up new dimensions of freedom.