Chakras-Energy Centers of the Body
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
What is a Chakra?
First of all it may be helpful to understand the origination of the work. The term chakra originates from the Sanskrit work of chakrum which means wheel. The chakra’s represent the energy centers of your body. Everyone knows about the physical body because you can see it and feel it. We also know about our mental and emotional bodies because they are always felt by us. The chakra system even though it is with everyone it is rarely acknowledged. Even though this energy system within is what is in need of balancing.
An unbalanced chakra system can cause many of life’s issues. It is also responsible for many of the great things that happen in your life. Unless you are familiar with holistic sciences you will either have never heard about the chakras or if you have heard of them you probably have chosen to not give them much credence.
The chakra energy system is composed of seven major chakra’s that are located along our central nervous system. They are all located at major glands where the energy collects before it continues on. The chakras act to monitor the amount of energy that enters and leaves that area of the body.
Stimulating the Chakras
When your chakras are working well then the energy flows smoothly. We feel balanced. When any of the chakras are out of balance and become blocked or clogged we feel “out of sorts” or lethargic. We just do not operate at peak performance. Pain, depression and and other ailments can be a sign of one or more of your chakras being out of tune. Your chakras can be tuned up with a variety of methods. These methods include music, scent, colors and meditation.
The seven major chakras are:
1.The Root Chakra is located at the base of your spine in the area of the tailbone. The color associated with this chakra is Red. The energy in this area is associated with your financial independence and food.This gives you your feeling of being grounded. Read more on The Root Chakra
2. The Sacral Chakra is located in the lower abdomen about 2 inches below the navel. The color associated with this chakra is Orange. The energy in this area is associated with your ability to accept others and new experiences. Read More on The Sacral Chakra
3. The Solar Plexus Chakra is located in your upper abdomen in the stomach area. The color associated with this chakra is Yellow. The energy in this area is associated with your feeling of self-confidence and being in control of your own life. Read More on The Solar Plexus Chakra.
4. The Heart Chakra is located in the chest just above your heart.The color associated with this chakra is green. The energy in this area is associated with your ability to love. Read More on The Heart Chakra.
5. The Throat Chakra is located in your throat. The color associated with this chakra is blue. Your ability to communicate is controlled by this chakra. Read More on The Throat Chakra.
6. The Third Eye Chakra is located at your forehead between the eyes. The color for this chakra is indigo. This chakra is associated with your psychic ability and the universal consciousness. Read More on The Third Eye Chakra.
7. The Crown Chakra is located at the top of the head.The color associated with this chakra is Violet. The energy associated with this chakra is your spiritual connection. It is the energy of knowing and enlightenment. Read More on The Crown Chakra.