We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
The Root Chakra is your Power Chakra. This is the Chakra that is connected to your endurance and vitality. As with all chakras there are issues in your life that can tell you if this chakra is properly balanced.
The following is a list of questions to ask yourself so you can determine if this is an area that needs clearing.
1. Are you physically fit?
2. Do you have current issues of physical or verbal abuse in your life?
3. When you establish a goal are you able to achieve it?
4. Are you able to put your thoughts and ideas into action?
5. Do your thoughts ever contain self-destruction?
6. Are money and a home important to you?
Symptoms of an Unbalanced Root Chakra
If you are suffering from some or all of the following symptoms then there is a high probability that your Root Chakra needs to be balanced:
- Feeling of Insecurity
- Feelings of being unsafe
- You are easily overwhelmed
- Feelings of nervous tension
- Constant Lack of Energy
Issues resulting from an Unbalanced Root Chakra
- Lower Back Pain
- Blood Disorders
- Digestive Disorders
- Allergic Reactions
- Pain in the legs and feet
Meditation to Balance your Root Chakra
Listening to a guided meditation can help to balance your root chakra quickly. There are many benefits to using meditation.
Psychological Benefits of Meditation
Increasing your intelligence
Enhancing your creativity
Drastically improving your ability to think clearly
Physical Benefits of Meditation
Reduced muscular tension
Decreased high blood pressure
Ability to sleep more deeply and restfully
Emotional Benefits of Meditation
Improved sense of positivity
Spiritual Benefits of Meditation
A greater sense of purpose and meaning in their lives
A feeling of connectedness to others
Healing Foods to Balance your Root Chakra
- Red colored foods such as apples or beets
- Hot Spices such as peppers or tabasco sauce
- vegetables that grow in the ground such as potatoes,carrots or onions
- Animal protein like red meat or eggs
Aromatherapy for the Root Chakra
There are a number of scents that can stimulate the root chakra such as:
- Cedar Wood – earthy and grounding
- Frankincense – Centering promotes a sense of calm
- Rosemary – Uplifting properties,helps to alleviate mental and physical exhaustion
- Patchouli – Gives strength, grounding balancing
- Spikenard – Allows us to release fears and move forward
Choose a scent that is pleasing to you.
Place a few drops of the essential Oil in a diffuser.
You can also apply a few drops to a Cold Light Bulb(Make sure it does not drip)
Or apply to the melted part of a candle.
Gemstones Therapy for the Root Chakra
- Black obsidian
- Smoky quartz
- Red jasper
- Fire opal
You can use the gemstones as a touch stone and rub it in your hands throughout the day. You can also wear the gemstone on a gold necklace or bracelet.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $19.21Was: $24.95
Bach Flowers Remedies for the Root Chakra
You can harmonize your Root Chakra by using a combination of 2 Bach Remedies as follows:
- Rock Rose
If you’re overrun by feelings of fright or panic
If you suffer from insufficient interest in present circumstances, are absent minded or daydream
If you’re too weak or tired to deal with daily duties
If you are not coping or are overwhelmed with responsibilities and tasks at hand
- Sweet Chestnut
If you suffer from inner hopelessness and despair or mental anguish
Back Flowers remedies are meant to be placed under the tongue before swallowing. Make sure you follow the label for directions.